Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) , a divisionof Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning andproject execution to final delivery of completeproducts and also support the products in theaftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work withour New Product Development team as aMechanical/Systems engineering co-op. The studentshould be prepared to work in a challenging andfast-paced environment; gaining experience andknowledge in various aspects of engineering andnew product development. As a valued member ofthe New Products team within GTT, the student willhave the opportunity to work directly with theengineering staff. GTT's goal is to contribute to thestudent's development, as well as providing anopportunity for the student to work in a businessenvironment within the manufacturing industry. Thisposition will report to an Engineering Manager withinthe New Products department.
· Analyzing component parts and assemblies to assist/provide input in determining the best
course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems
· Coordinates activities with other departmentswithin the Company, on a limited basis asnecessary
· Project management activities
· Complete simulation on Powertrain systemsProvide engineering support assistance forquality issues as required
· Miscellaneous technical data generation,analysis, and reportingIssues written and oral reportsAssist team in identifying processimprovements
· Support of component and system testactivities
· Create spreadsheets and flow charts insupport of staff projects
· Perform other routine engineering duties asassigned
· Looking for a student with good programmingskills and experience
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmitinformation accurately and understandably,and actively seek feedback from experiencedengineers, project manager, etc.
· Attention to detail: Analysis of large amountsof data and drawing conclusions.
· Incorporation of recommendations intoengineering reports
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through oncommitments, timely delivery on projects,assigned tasks
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range oftasks, positive response to changes indirection and priorities, and acceptance of newchallenges, responsibilities, and assignments
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in MechanicalEngineering, Computer Engineering,Computer Science (or other related degree),at an accredited school and have completed30 semester hours of undergraduate studiesprior to the start of the co-op.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulativegrade point average of 3.0
· Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
· Strong communication skills
· Programming skill and experience in C, C++,C#, .NET, Matlab/Simulink preferredMicrosoft Applications: Visual Studio andOffice Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Integrity and Trust
Co-op: Mechanical/Systems Engineering (Fall 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify