Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Testing Technology group as a software engineering intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Testing Technology team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with test engineers. GTT's goal is to contribute to the student's development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Testing Technology group manager
· Collaborate with data analytics engineer to generate source code in Python
· Creating data analytic reports for test engineers
· Improve automated processes with VBA development and/or Power Bi visualization tool
· Support the development of automatic report generation tools
· Troubleshoot and debug applications in a timely manner
· Support the group with various administrative tasks
· Clean up and reformatting data from test trucks
· Provide support to other functions within Testing Technology group Critical Competencies
· Attention to detail: Ensuring instrumentation is calibrated correctly and report
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. Co-op Education and Program Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a computer, software or mathematical electrical degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
· Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
· Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Strong communication skills. Personal Competencies
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Strong communication skills.
Co-op: Data Analytics - Testing Technology (Fall 2020)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify