Veolia is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
Veolia is now seeking a skilled and experienced Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanic to join our Workshop team. Working with a number of other trade qualified individuals, you will be responsible for the maintenance and repairs of our fleet of trucks. You will have solid experience working with heavy vehicles and be a born problem solver.
To be successful in this role you will have:
· 2-3 years' experience working with heavy vehicles
· Mechanic trade qualification
· Certificate 2 in Waste Management (Desirable)
· Fork Lift license (Desirable)
· HR truck license(Mandatory)
· Hydraulic experience
· A positive attitude and be dedicated to completing assigned tasks
· A commitment to maintaining clean and safe work practices and environment
· The ability to work both within a team and autonomously, including the ability to work unsupervised
Ideal candidate profile
· Excellent wages and conditions
· Large tools, uniforms and PPE provided
· Consistent work loads
· Opportunities to learn new areas/ skills
Applications must be received via the Veolia Recruitment Portal
NOTE: applications sent directly to HR will not be considered.
At Veolia we value diversity, equality and inclusion, we are committed to providing working environments where everyone is included and treated fairly and with respect. We welcome and encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.