MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Co-ordinates the overall implementation and maintenance of the SHE management system and promotes continuous improvement practices which reduce the business SHE risk.
· Drives and facilitate the implementation of the SHE systems in line with system standards (ISO/FWS); Corporate standards and guidelines; Legislative requirements and Business process requirements.
· Introduces, sells and champions SHE best practices, and customises to suit business needs.
· Co-ordinates monitors and audits all SHE activities related to the business and ensures all business SHE activities meet Unilever and legislative requirements. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
· Is custodian of the business SHE system, and as such is responsible for ensuring: The system is maintained, and Adequate data and document management practices are adhered to.
· Is responsible for all business SHE information collation and reporting, in line with business and corporate requirements, Business and Contractor statistics, Annual, quarterly and monthly tracking of KPI's.
· Monitoring SHE objectives and targets as the business SHE expert, provides specialist support to the relevant business teams.
· Drives, assists with and collates general SHE risk assessments;
· Delivers SHE training programs, and liaises on annual and day to day issues with regulatory authorities, independent SHE auditing bodies and the Unilever SHE team.
· Maintain best practice and knowledge base through networks within the wider SHE community internal and external.
· Co-ordinate SHE related contractors e.g. Fire Equipment.
· Formulates and prepares legal appointments in terms of regulatory and system requirements.
· 4 – 6 years' relevant experience in a SHE role
· Degree/BTech in Operations/Quality/Safety/Environment
• NOSA or ISO 9000, 14001 and OHSAS 18001
• NOSA Courses: IT IS, SAMTRAC, risk identification and other SHE related courses
• TPM Facilitators course