JOB TITLE: Global Assistant CMI Innovation Manager – Smile Essentials
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
RELOCATION TERMS: Local Terms only
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The world around us has changed and the pace of change is accelerating. We are facing a lot of disruptors, from local players who are agile in responding to local consumer & market trends to start-ups who are utilising latest breakthrough technology. Having future fit innovation insights team to partner marketing is now even more critical than before, to accelerate competitive, profitable, consistent and responsible growth.
This specific role is part of the Global Oral Care CMI team. Based in Singapore, it reports into SMILE CMI lead (co-located in Singapore) for business priorities & guidance, but also to the Oral Care Innovation CMI lead (based in London) for innovation expertise & guidance.
The role drives insight related to innovation for SMILE (D&E Essentials)– covering strategic point of view on where to win & how, white space thinking, renovation & innovation projects (including innovating for eComm and H&B channels). The overarching responsibility is to help the business generate & implement high growth & market/trend responsive innovations in short time delivering bigger, faster innovations & scaling up our agile approaches & toolkits in developing innovations. The role will primarily partner the Marketing Innovation Teams (for above brands) in landing & embedding also InnoFlex.
We are the Innovation Trail-Blazers creating value to people's lives in bold new ways that finds new growth for the Unilever business.
About the role:
The innovation insight team embedded in the Oral Care division, will own and drive all insight related to innovation for new brands, products, services and business models.
1) We will focus on funnel innovations and renovations of the core and New Product Development. We will help the business generate & implement high growth & market/trend responsive innovations in short time. We will do that by delivering bigger, faster & leaner innovations & implementing a new suite of approaches & toolkits in developing and testing innovations.
2) We will also focus on uncovering potential opportunities to grow the Oral Care category further, this could include adjacencies, channels and brand experiences, and can be brand agnostic at first.
3) Lastly, we will continue to evaluate our division innovation portfolio performances, key launches and bringing in the outside-in by studying the competition will remain critical to drive change in the business.
· Lead different innovation research projects from ideation/co-creation to final testing of the full mix
· Identify & integrate consumer insights into various innovation projects -this will include funnel innovations & renovations on Core and NPD
· Identify & integrate consumer insights & latest micro trends to come up with disruptive innovation ideas that are game changers -this will include new to the world products & services, new business models, adjacencies, channels and brand experiences
· Partner the global category team on strategic priorities for existing mix like pricing, product improvements & GM accretions
· Work with Global Innovation team & Country CMIs on the PLEs of launched innovation/renovation projects to identify successes & improvement areas
· Drive meta learnings, cross-pollination, innovation monitoring (incrementality KPI etc) and real time management of innovation projects
· Be responsible for building and developing relationships with the global-wide Innovation team and across key business partners including CTI, Marketing, R&D and Finance
· Pilot new methods & approaches, technology and new suite of research toolkits across categories
· Work with early adopters' communities to co-create new opportunities
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Personal passion for Innovation, Experimentation, Creativity and Trends
· Proven market research experience – preferably having innovation experience but not required
· Proven record of analyzing and synthesizing data and information from different sources
· Strong business partnering and influencing skills
· Consumer Love - With an acute ability to put the human first and ‘be in the search mode' to unleash true human needs, adding value to people's lives (via jobs, pains/gains, using empathy and other techniques. This also includes adding value through purpose, sustainability and business models.
· Strong project management skills
· Great facilitation skills– thriving to co-create ideas leveraging creativity and outside in techniques
· Good analytical thinking and communication skills to present clearly, simplify complex topics and influence decision-making
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal
· Strong team player, yet good level of independence
· Digitally Savvy
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your interest and application.