For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics team is responsible for building data, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance. The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in Unilever are augmented with insight & recommendations wherever possible.
There are five major themes to the Information and Analytics strategy:
· Deliver Intelligent systems at scale . Powering Business (cross functional) and Customer Development area through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future looking decisions leveraging Big Data & Data Science
· Winning disproportionately in Markets . We believe that the best way to move the needle for Unilever in Analytics is to work with leading geographies to create analytics products that make a significant impact on our business
· Drive Unilever to assisted and predictive decision-making . The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (AI/Cognitive Computing/Machine Learning) unlocking the insights from vast deluge of consumer, customer & internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams.
· Make data a true asset . Better data and data science access for every part of Unilever, across the 3 data framework (Connectivity, Growth, Continuous Improvement) and leading through the Enterprise Data Executive.
· World-class Information : One Version of the Facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on Big Bets, Strategic Initiatives and Leadership team reporting.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Data Specialist is a key member of the Information & Analytics team, responsible for transforming and modelling the data with the goal of discovering useful information and supporting decision making. He/she will report into the Director, Global Analytics - Cross Functional Products and will identify where, when, how and why the business uses data by democratising data across the organisation.
This role is a hands-on role meant to build-out our thought leadership around data and insight and to deliver clear value out of incremental internal/external data sets that can positively impact the Unilever business.
· Support the Enterprise data & insight strategy for the Unilever, including the transformation of the wider organisation into a data driven team
· Partner with the Global Data Expertise Group and the local business users to define how data can drive value across the business.
· Identify opportunities to apply diagnostic insights to data, aligning to the strategy.
· Execute the data & insights delivery plan - that includes commitments to:
· Democratisation of Data across the whole organisation
· Proactively identifying enrichment/growth opportunities, unlocking innovation through experimentation
· Use recognized data analysis & visualization techniques to make sense of data in a way that helps the markets to discover useful information to improve the overall business objectives and performance
· Recommend and extract the value attributed to data as a critical organizational asset and competitive advantage.
· Priority areas include Data Policy, External Data exploration, Consumer data, Shopper data, Media and Market Share and extends to include all other data sets relevant for Customer development.
· Consult on data components of projects with country / cluster wide impact; establishing data as a product, data as an enabler, then data as a service (and maybe eventually data as a business).
· Facilitate data integration and data exploration across internal or external data sets that are relevant for market
· Ensure quality of data by performing quality checks on processed data, find ways to improve data quality and work process so that we can provide accurate and timely data to clients
· Masterfully executes and collaborates with stakeholders and users to drive cultural shift around data within the organisation
Experience and qualifications required:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, data modelling, economics, finance, business administration or similar technical background
· Proficiency in one or more programming languages- eg.Python or R, but ability and willingness to learn is essential
· Minimum 5+ years in demonstrable enterprise value realization from data and business intelligence
· Experience with data modeling, data analysis and visualization techniques
· Familiarity with statistical and machine learning methods
· Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA environment
· Ability to communicate analytic and data science solutions in an actionable manner to business managers
Key Skills Required
· Data lifecycle management – Fully Operational
· Analytical power and actionable insights generation – Fully Operational
· Business Intelligence Platform – Fully Operational
· Data Visualisation – Fully Operational
· Strong Communication and influencing skills – Working knowledge
· Client Management – Fully Operational
· Project Management - Working Knowledge
· Effective Team Management – Basic appreciation