Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
· Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
· Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
· Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com . For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
JOB TITLE: [Contract] Assistant Finance Manager, Supply Chain
JOB LOCATION: Singapore
RELOCATION TERMS: Local terms
Driving cost efficiency and operational leverage is critical part of Unilever’s strategy. This allows Unilever to invest more in innovation and marketing, hence driving the virtuous cycle of growth.
This role business partners the cluster Manufacturing and Product Group teams in managing costs and cash. This includes performance management of manufacturing costs, capital expenditure and supporting strategic sourcing decisions within the cluster. Within the shorter term, the role works with Sourcing Unit (SU) controllers to ensure that production costs and savings are delivered through landing tactical / strategic actions agreed between cluster and local supply chain teams. The role also partners with the Brand teams in providing cost outlooks for the category to drive pricing action and deliver the Gross Margin agenda.
Deliver Gross Margins for Southeast Asia & Australasia (SEAA)
· Work with SU Controllers to deliver CPT and savings targets.
· Drive strategic and tactical savings programs in conjunction with Manex teams.
Annual Strategic Plan & Business Planning
· Support long term Strategic planning through aligning plans to Industrial / Manufacturing Strategy.
· Validate assumptions and defining actions for Annual Planning exercise and ensure Annual Plan actions are aligned to Strategic Plan delivery.
Long Term Planning
· Support long term sourcing decisions through sourcing/manufacturing studies.
· Support roadmap and action plan for achieving optimal CPT for the categories in the various sourcing units through CPT benchmarking studies.
· Supporting SC Category teams in decision making on in source or out sourcing of production activities and reviewing these decisions on a periodic basis.
· Work with category teams to prioritized projects within affordable capex framework.
· Ensure periodic review and sign off of volume and cost-benefit assumptions during the course of the project and work with SC partners on decisions required to change plans if assumptions change.
· Cluster SME (Subject matter expert) on capex management and workflow systems.
· Development & Capability Building for peer group in countries.
· Build Business Decision Support skills from a mix of coaching, structured training & on the job training.
· Cluster SC Product Category Directors
· Sourcing Unit controllers
· Cluster Manex teams
· Global SC Strategies
· Category Finance teams
· Procurement Finance
· Finance and Accounting roles
· Business partnering experience
· Sourcing Unit/Factory Finance
· Managing virtual teams
· Business Acumen
· Finance and Accounting
· Analytics & Insights
· Business Partnering Soft Skills (Influencing, Constructive Challenging)
*This is a 12-month contract opportunity.
Please apply online by clicking on “Apply Online” below. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements. Should you not meet our immediate requirements, your profile will be registered in our talent pool system and we will match your profile to suitable future vacancies.
You will be able to access your status update through the candidate tracking link.
Thank you for your interest and application.
*Candidates with FMCG experience will be prioritized.
*We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.