Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, 'James Cameron's Avatar', 'Beyond Good and Evil 2', 'Far Cry', “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
As a UX Designer Intern (f/m/d), you will be part of the design team of Uplay PC. You will work with UX Designers and UI Designers on the functional production of features and services. You will support the team with prototyping, setting up and evaluating research and user testing to deliver intuitive, user-centered design solutions.
This position is an internship with duration of six months.
· Support UX Designers with creating functional prototypes
· Analyze user-flows and customer journeys of Uplay PC
· Provide support with setting up user research, surveys and user tests
· Evaluate and access user feedback
· Work as part of the design team and within the guidelines provided by direction
· Basic experience in the field of UX and/or Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Psychology or Ergonomics,… (either as an academic discipline or work/project-based experience)
· Knowledge about user-centered design and user behavior
· Understanding of rapid prototyping and iterative processes
· Motivation to solve design problems and to think “outside the box”
· Passion for games and game services
· Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Nice to have:
· Proficiency in prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar)
· Proficiency in at least of 1 visual design tool (Photoshop, Illustrator or similar)
· Experience with either user research or user testing
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
· 24 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
· Flexible Working Hours : We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
· Discounted Games . We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
· Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
· Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
· Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
· Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water . Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We are offering motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date.