Red Storm is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore, and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Redstorm, we offer an open environment where bright ideas have a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and Create the Unknown.
Red Storm Entertainment is seeking a talented UI Tech Artist to join our team! The UI Tech Artist works alongside UI artists and UX designers to create and implement the vision for UI features in the engine. The right candidate has an eye for aesthetics and a technical mindset, and will thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. They will work closely with the UI lead to bring the game’s UI to life, pushing to achieve the highest quality possible within the specifications.
· Create and implement engaging user interfaces for video games on game consoles, PC and mobile platforms
· Quickly conceptualize, prototype and implement functionality and design intentions
· Build and implement in code logical UI flows keeping in mind design and overall art treatments/ screen-to-screen UI placement maintaining consistency through the entire project’s interface
· Work directly with engineering to solve interface technical and implementation issues
· Create compelling visual treatments that are easy to understand, simple to navigate, and convey information for an ideal end-user experience
· Adapt to varying art styles and direction; able to take critique constructively
· Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute/iterate creative solutions
· Develop designs with international localization in mind, and assist with challenges of multi-language products
· Communicate and collaborate with cross-departmental (design, engineering, test) team members to solve UI challenges
· 1 year as a technical artist or UI artist with a strong technical background
· Experience creating and implementing UI art assets for web applications, video games, PC or console
· Extensive experience with 2D image applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash) required
· Expertise in motion graphics (After Effects, Flash, Scaleform) preferred
· Knowledge of one or more types of 3D and animation software (3ds Max, Maya)
· Experience using C# and Maxscript
· Keen understanding of game workflows and pipelines with a successful background in innovative and intuitive user interface creation
· Must be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
· Strong artistic, oral, and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with team members of different disciplines on a global level
· Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents.
· Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance.
· 401(k) plan with match.
· New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service.
· 9 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day).
· 3 weeks of sick leave annually.
· Flexible work schedule
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.