You will be a part of the Technology Group Department. We are the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
The TG Software Test Team is comprised of tech-savvy individuals with a great passion for testing and quality. We work in a fast-paced environment, on a wide range of niche tools used for game development.
· Find and report bugs;
· Elaborate/write test cases for the applications, based on requirements and ensure coverage for the functionality tests of the products;
· Create and run test plans for different testing stages;
· Compose version tests and write activity reports;
· Communicate efficiently with peers across the globe;
· Challenge the development team on the quality and usability of new features that are developed;
· Assist in the preparation of training material.
· Familiar with software testing principles and working methodologies;
· Experience with troubleshooting configuration files (.xml, .ini), windows services, crash reporting;
· Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming or Scripting Languages;
· Good knowledge of bug tracking tools (JIRA, DevTrack, HP ALM, Bugzilla,etc) and test management tools (TestRail, qTest, Microsoft Test Manager,etc);
· Basic Knowledge of popular database solutions (SQL, MongoDB);
· Excellent communication skills and strong work ethics;
· Proactive work manner;
· Excellent English skills.
Nice to have
· University Graduate in a relevant field (such as Automation and Computer Science) will be a plus;
· Ability to read and understand callstacks;
· Experience with complex applications with multiple components;
· Experience with debugging applications on game consoles.
But most of all, we are in need of involved individuals who are looking to learn and develop professionally.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
• We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
• If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
• You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
• If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.