About the Organization
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.Ubisoft Pune is proud to be one of the most creative video game studios in India. The studio was established in in 2008 and today it’s becomes more than 1000 talented employees ranging many areas of expertise and growing unit which specializes in console and mobile game development, quality control and web services.
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth.
The Production Department of UBISOFT is looking for an experienced and dedicated Scrum Master to join our growing team. The focus will be on working with our Game Production teams and working under the agile methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has leadership skills, critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude, and has proven a track record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
Name of the job: Scrum Master
**Note**: Final Designation / Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings
• Facilitates agile rituals efficiently and strictly;
• Acts as facilitator for the Product Owner and Team in their quest to meet customers’ expectations - removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments;
• Provides all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example;
• Guides and coaches the Scrum Team and organizes the use of Agile/Scrum practices and values; supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog;
• Guides and coaches both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization and fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks;
• Brings in continuous improvement mind-set and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization;
• Builds a transparent and trusting environment where problems can be raised, with an emphasis on problem solving;
• Facilitates internal and external communication, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Understand fundamentals of iterative development;
• Master agile software development techniques – practice and teach others (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Agile Scaling Frameworks - Scrum of Scrums, Less, SaFe);
• Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team;
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics (Burndown metrics, velocity, lead time, cycle time);
• Good understanding of Agile Backlog management techniques (Story splitting, Sizing, Mapping);
• Proficient in Jira;
• Excellent English written and oral communication;;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including presentation, meeting facilitation and team building techniques.
• Be able to guide the Scrum team, Product owner and the organization in living the Agile values & principles to delight customers;
• Servant Leadership – empower the team; support them to deliver;
• Assertiveness – Be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to; be a voice of reason;
• Situation awareness – Be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management.
• Scrum Master training or certification is a must;
Nice to have:
• Understanding of Gaming Industry processes and challenges.