Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a Quality Control Tester. The successful candidate will be responsible for testing the features of our pre-released games and applications, reporting the bugs and problems, and verifying that the fixes produced by the designers, programmers, and artists have corrected the noted issues.
The ideal candidate can self-manage, is proactive and has a high attention to detail. The position will require a calm, composed individual to be meticulous in their continuous testing of all aspects of gameplay including small sections of the game that will require multiple retests in search of possible bugs. Excellent communication skills are essential to accurately describe identified bugs while excellent deductive and critical thinking skills will be needed to effectively determine the appropriate steps to reproduce them. The successful candidate will be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task ongoing deadlines in order to assist in the production of a high quality mobile game.
· Play through incomplete versions of the mobile game to methodically isolate and report bugs;
· Follow Test Plans to ensure adequate coverage and visibility is given to each section of the game build;
· Report all discovered bugs in a succinct and concise manner to allow for easy interpretation by other members of the QC and Production Teams;
· Manage the bug database through entering new bugs and closing solved bugs in accordance with internal standards;
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• A Strong working knowledge and understanding of mobile games;
• Capable working effectively within a reliant team environment;
• A high level of professionalism, accountability and enthusiasm towards learning.
What can we offer you!
· Competitive salary scale
· Additonal paid time off over the Christmas Holidays
· In studio Gym
· Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care
· Flexible work hours, for life/work balance
· International and diverse team
· Summer months bring 'Summer Fridays'
· A New Modern Studio!
Ubisoft Halifax is one of the newest Ubisoft Studios to take on the growing mobile game market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio in North America, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic buildings and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three University’s, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City overlooking the beautiful waterfront, in the historic and Iconic Keith's Brewery. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoon's off, allowing us to soak up the sun as we stroll the boardwalk and have a drink at one of the many cafes lining the iconic Halifax Harbour! We strive to make sure our employees have a good Work/Life balance, and are able to enjoy everything this province has to offer.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
· Cover letter including salary expectations
· Current CV/ Resume
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.