At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighborhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft Hosting Services team (UHS) is a group in charge of the infrastructure for supporting online games and centralized corporate systems (data centers, network, storage, virtualization, cloud). We are currently looking for a Product Owner (PO) who can bring his/her expertise to life within a dynamic team of gamers and technology enthusiasts. As a PO, you will work on establishing a coherent and harmonized UHS service offered to our internal partners. You'll be responsible for the UHS Web portal and ensure we offer a great user experience.
· Establish a product vision and provide a clear roadmap to the team;
· Proactively engage with internal partners to nurture ideas, proactively anticipate roadblocks and provide solutions to their existing needs;
· Produce, analyze, refine user stories, and maintain the product backlog of the portal up to date;
· Ensure communication within the project teams, stakeholders, the department and upper management;
· Work on pricing strategy and benchmarking with IT Financial planning (ITFP) to provide clients with the cost for the different solutions/packages offered based on their needs;
· Drive change and identify opportunities for improvement with processes and best practices, and get the buy-in from collaborators;
· Analyze user needs following a user center design approach: design thinking, personas, user journey mapping.
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field;
· Certifications as Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) are a plus.
· 3+ years in a Product Owner role;
· Experience working in an IT company or a development setting is an asset.
Skills & Knowledge
· In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, backlog management techniques and metrics (burn down , velocity, cycle time);
· Excellent knowledge of IT Service Delivery Management;
· Experience on web development projects (understanding of UX principles);
· Proficiency with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence);
· Foster a blameless culture based on trust, feedback and learning;
· Outstanding leadership skills;
· Analytical mindset and prioritization skills;
· Excellent communication in English (oral & written).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.