The Online Programmer will design and implement functionalities linking the player(s) and the online server/services.
· You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
· You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
· Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
· Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
· Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
· Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
· Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
· Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties) ;
· Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features.
· Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
· Strong knowledge of C++ programming. Python programming experience is a plus;
· Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; peer-to-peer architecture is a plus;
· Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
· Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions is highly appreciated;
· Autonomy, good problem-solving skills;
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
· Fluent in English.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
· We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
· We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
· If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
· You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
· If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
· Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Take a look to see life@ Ubisoft Romania:
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.