The Junior Technical Artist is a support role inside the Technical Art team, working closely with the Technical Directors, Technical Artists and the programming team, to help with simple asset and pipeline optimizations, to participate in the technical art features implementation, and to perform simple debugging on the project’s tools and processes.
· Implementing optimizations and monitoring the performance of the game;
· Identifying and Implementing art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
· Creating technical benchmarks to be used in production;
· Implementing technical art features with the help of the programming team;
· Offering technical assistance to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
· Creating and maintaining technical documentation;
· Sharing with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
· Strong Gamer Culture and interest in videogame development;
· Basic knowledge of real-time rendering challenges and techniques;
· Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills;
· Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art) is very appreciated;
· Any relevant experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
· Knowledge and Interest in any of the following tech-art areas is also considered a plus:
· Rendering and Post-Effects
· Special FX
· Rigging and animation
· Physics simulations
Fluency in English.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
· We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
· We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
· If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
· You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
· If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
· Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Take a look to see life @Ubisoft Bucharest:
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.