From your first day you will play an active role in video game creation becoming fully immersed in some of Ubisoft's most innovative titles. This hands-on approach provides you with an overview of the challenges faced in video game development and gives you the opportunity to take on more and more responsibility as the project grows.
Tell me more about Ubisoft Leamington
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.
Deliver, with support, high quality UI assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
· Complete, with support, assigned tasks through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
· Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools;
· Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
· Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
· Implement and streamline the functionality and usability of assigned features;
· Participate in the sign off process and incorporate feedback into work;
· Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback;
· Understand and work within the project UI art direction to ensure consistency throughout the work;
· Produce assets with basic optimisation in line with the technical requirements and conventions;
· Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
· Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Good graphics design skills (e.g. Design, layout and typography);
· Awareness of current trends in visual communication is desirable;
· Basic motion graphics skills;
· Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable;
· Good working knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
· Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable;
· Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable.
· Up to 1 years’ experience in an internship or placement year in a professional game studio environment;
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
· Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.) would be advantageous;
· Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.