Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives through original, memorable entertainment experiences. These teams bring to life whole new worlds – true playing fields in which players can freely express their imagination, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure, as well as fostering learning and discovery.
For more than 8 years, via its Ubisoft Mobile entity, Ubisoft has also shaped worlds on smartphones and tablets via its portfolio of mobile games.
At Ubisoft Mobile, you will have a chance to develop your skills and work alongside dedicated team members who are pioneers in their field, throughout the world.
You will be part of a warm and stimulating environment in which you can push back the boundaries of both the imagination and technology to create worlds that will inspire our players.
Within the Mobile HQ you will integrate the Editorial team, and you will report directly to the Editorial Content Manager in charge of the Ubisoft Mobile Games line-up.
You will integrate a multidisciplinary team responsible for all the Content aspects (from gameplay to monetization via UX) of Ubisoft's mobile productions.
Your missions will relate to a wide range of games at different stages of development (conception production but also post release with the live operation) created by our Studios in France and abroad.
As a UX Editorial Designer your core mission is to support Ubisoft Mobile development teams define the User Experience within their games, and to provide innovative solutions that meet users needs, project objectives and technical constraints.
In close collaboration with the UX Designers, the Game Designers and the Artists of our Studios, you define, prototype and iterate on UX solutions related to all the elements participating in the game experience, in particular Signs & Feebacks, the First Time User Experience as well as Menus flows and Navigation . T his role is central to the development and you will have a real impact on the design of projects.
You will be responsible for the quality of user experience for the entire Ubisoft Mobile line-up , but also f or the development of strong UX expertise at the Mobile Division level , whether through competitive analyzes, knowledge sharing or any tool that can improve the way Ubisoft Mobile integrates UX design into the creation of mobile video games.
Your main missions are :
· Do the UX overview of all Ubisoft Mobile Games through documented feedback that respects the vision and the game design intentions of the development team while ensuring an optimal user experience
· Define strong UX pillars in collaboration with creative management to guide development during the production phase .
· Implementation and animation of UX design workshop : card sorting, user journey, creation of persona, etc. Within the creation studios
· Support the design of the architecture of the interface of our games (navigation flow, menu charts, ingame HUD etc.), and development of wireframes as low fidelity deliverables
· Collaborate with game designers in order to optimize the signs & feedbacks of the gameplay phases as well as the ergonomics of the controls
· Define the player’s journey and game mechanics integration over the first play days , in order to guarantee a fluid and effective tutorial on the first minutes then a renewed experience in the long term by giving players projection relays
· Keep updated and curious about the mobile gaming market to analyze current trends through deconstructions and analyzes.
· Propose new UX workflows, development tools, templates and best practices to UX specialists in our development teams
· Analyze playtest reports from the User Research department and provide design suggestions to improve user perception.
· Be the driving force behind UX development in process of creation of our games: be the "UX Champion" of our Mobile division and give more visibility to this profession to Studio managers , whether by providing methodologies or turnkey tools.
What you need to succeed in this position :
· Bachelor or Master degree in a field related to the User Experience (Psychology, HMI, Ergonomics ...)
· 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position in a company or agency, ideally on mobile apps or games
· You master the creation of graphic models from Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma or equivalent software.
· You know and understand the mobile game market, based on a Free to Play business model with microtransaction logic
· You are fluent in English;
· You are a « User-centered » designer and have an interest in communication, psychology and user behavior
· You are familiar with the development of products with complex information architecture
· Having experience with Unity 3D would be a plus.
But what you need the most :
· You are passionate about UX Design and you regularly keep updated on new user behaviors, new technologies, new methodologies.
· You demonstrate very good skills in inter-team communication, the ability to present concepts to an audience and the ability to define precise technical specifications
· You are a good listener, a good counselor and a teacher. You share your knowledge easily, learned in the field but also in contact with others.
· You have excellent communication skills, you show curiosity and have a strong capacity for adaptation: the portfolio of Ubisoft Mobile games is very large, aimed at very different audiences, from Hungry Shark to Assassin's Creed Rebellion, by the way by Might & Magic: Chess Royale.