Ubisoft Singapore is one of the top game development studios in the APAC region. Part of Ubisoft’s global network of studios, we’ve been creating memorable gaming experiences in Singapore since 2008. With over 30+ different nationalities, we are a diverse bunch of creatives redefining the world of digital entertainment for millions of players across the globe.
· Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices
· Work with your team to invent, design, and build systems that are stable and performant
· Consider the legacy of the systems you produce, how they will scale, and limit the use of short-term workarounds. Make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible, and are judicious about introducing dependencies
· Identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, or availability of a product or service and drive them out of the system through automation or other technical innovation
· Improve continuous integration and delivery systems
· Work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers
· Take on projects and make enhancements that improve team systems and processes
· Resolve the root cause of complex problems, leaving systems better and easier to maintain than when you found them
· Read, write, and debug code in order to understand, implement, and operate a complete system. This code is held to the same standards as all the other code written at Ubisoft (e.g., version controlled, code reviewed, etc.)
· Train new team-mates on how your team’s systems are constructed, how they operate, scale, and how secure they are
· Provide insight to engineers that operate in different domains (e.g., software, hardware, security, and networking) in how their part interacts with others to form a system
· Experience with open-source technologies
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
· Expertise with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, or Redis
· In-depth knowledge in RESTful API design and implementation
· Experience with Container technology such as Kubernetes, or Docker
· Knowledge in the development of high-performance and fault-tolerant systems
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or four years of equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
· Development experience with languages such as Scala, Java, Ruby, C++, or GoLang
· Experience in automation, testing or monitoring framework development
· Experience with agile software development practices
· Experience with engineering best practices such as CI/CD
· Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Sensu, Zabbix, or Prometheus
· Experience with Cloud infrastructures such as OpenStack, AWS, Google, or Azure
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games. Apart from a competitive compensation package and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality, Ubisoft Singapore offers a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, flexible working hours, and opportunities for career development and learning.
Are you excited about creating the unknown? Are you serious about fun? Do you constantly seek out learning opportunities? At Ubisoft Singapore, we are looking for talent who are solution-oriented problem solvers, creative yet open to collaborate, and team players who also thrive in bringing their A-game to work.
If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume and we will invite you for a first chat to find out more about becoming an awesome addition to our team!