At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to join the Advanced Analytics team, which is part of a larger Advanced Analytics and Data Science team in the Enterprise Data department of Ubisoft. This team is advantaged in its positioning, with access to a very diverse and large amount of data and diversity of members (working alongside data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, dashboarding and automation experts).
You will work closely with various business teams, specifically those in charge of user accounts and security, to conduct analyses and make recommendations based on their needs. Depending on the mandate, you may use various tools and techniques from basic reporting to dashboarding to machine learning models. The idea is to leverage any knowledge and expertise you may have to deliver powerful results and insights.
· Contribute to the development of reports (for different teams) detailing the behaviour and interaction of users with the Ubisoft platform and products (« tracking system »);
· Provide systematic, reliable, meaningful data estimates;
· Deliver data analysis through charts and reports, which will be integrated in internal presentations;
· Conduct comparative analyses to identify patterns and trends;
· Propose relevant analyses (whether exploratory, descriptive or predictive) that meet the needs and have the maximum possible impact;
· Participate to the development of the tracking system, formulate recommendations to help improve the current process and the report templates;
· Build tools to showcase analysis results using tools like Tableau;
· Perform any other related tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field;
· Master’s degree is a plus;
· Data analytics/science related certification(s) is a plus.
· Minimum 2 years in a data analyst or data scientist role;
· Experience working with high volumes of data;
· Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
· Excellent statistical skills and analytical mindset;
· Teradata and/or Hadoop (Spark, Informatica);
· Developing and maintaining ETL solutions;
· Great communication and presentation skills;
· Ability to communicate ideas easily to both functional and technical users;
· Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
· Adept at queries, tool building (reports, dashboards, etc) and presenting findings.
· Fluency in English is required;
· Good knowledge of Python or R;
· Good knowledge of relational databases and fluency in SQL;
· Good knowledge Tableau or similar tools;
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets;
· Knowledge or interest in Machine Learning;
· Agile knowledge is a plus.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.