The C++ Engineer is responsible for the creation, debugging, maintenance and optimization of the game’s engine, editor and related tools that are used for the game’s development, in order to ensure a smooth production cycle for the entire development team.
You will work closely together with the teams that are directly using this technology (Level Design, Game Design and Gameplay teams), both from Bucharest and partner sites, in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major AAA titles.
· Participate to the project development on the engine, editor and tools programming side;
· Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole;
· Communicate with the teams that use the technology in order to understand their requirements and to define the implementation and improvement needs;
· Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions);
· Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams in France (with both technical and non-technical parties).
· Have good knowledge of C++programming. Knowledge of C# programming is a big plus;
· Proactive in identifying development needs in our industry;
· Knowledgeable about the internal tools used in the video game production pipeline;
· Keen to participate in the development of the junior members of our team;
· Used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
· Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
· Leadership skills;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Passion for game development.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
· We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
· We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
· If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
· You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
· If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
· Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Take a look to see life@ Ubisoft Romania:
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At Ubisoft we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.