Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
Project Engineer – Marlborough, MA
Responsible for various engineering projects within the TJX Companies Corporate Logistics Engineering group including development of CAD drawings representing various material handling equipment designs, completion of methods analysis, material handling equipment evaluation, equipment and supply procurement, process flow analysis, etc.
· Addresses operational concerns within the TJX Companies Distribution Centers to improve existing systems and procedures, to increase productivity, to improve capacity, and to troubleshoot problems through resolution
· Provides classical Industrial Engineering support including work flow analysis, work methods and process review
· Develops CAD drawings representing improvements to existing or new material handling flow concepts
· Provides support to Engineering Project Managers including the development of bid packages for material handling installations, reviews bid responses
· Development of installation schedules, provides direction to vendors, monitors vendor performance to plan, creates vendor punch lists and ensure compliance
· Provides direction to maintenance on equipment care
· Develop and maintains simulation models of DCs
· Investigates leading edge technologies to evaluate whether new concepts are applicable and/or beneficial
Minimal Skills / Requirements:
· One to three years as an Industrial/Mechanical Engineer.
· Distribution Center/Retail experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Industrial or Mechanical)
· Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel
· Understanding of work methods analysis
· Knowledge of material handling systems
· Project Management Skills
· Negotiation skills
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to travel
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, Supply, Engineering, Operations