Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Title: : Sr. Technical Design Contractor
Department: Product Development
Location: Framingham, MA (local candidates only, please)
Full-Time: Monday – Friday
The Senior Technical Design Contractor develops the standards for a specific classification and ensures that all garments meet established standards. Responsible for approving the correct fit on all garments with the constant focus and emphasis on quality and value. Develops strong customer service and working relationships with Agents, Buyers, Vendors and other inter-departmental associates.
· Based on a design concept, develops and communicates fit and specification requirements to vendors via a technical report with clear and accurate descriptions of construction, detailed sketches, specific measurements and graded specifications
· Works with agents, factories in order to ensure that all garment specifications meet the company’s sizing and construction standards
· Reviews all fit/production samples received from the vendors for compliance with construction standards, fit and sizing
· Recommends any changes to the garments, ensuring that all shipments of merchandise will meet specifications
· Approves specifications for bulk production
· Manages fit sessions utilizing Alva forms in order to assess garment specifications and execution
· Meets with Product Development Team members on a consistent and timely basis in order to ensure that problems or concerns are promptly resolved
· Resolves issues as they arise in a timely manner
· Approves or rejects fit and production samples
· Ability to prioritize work load
· Makes specification and construction changes on new garments
· Acts with Integrity
· Recommends methods to improve the garment, construction and quality
· Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
· Experience in spec’ing, fitting and grading Misses, Men’s or Children’s garments
· Strong technical background and experience in grading/pattern making
· PC skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and PLM
· Broad-based knowledge of garment specifications, including clothing construction, grading, etc.
· Knowledge of garment testing standards and protocols.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow through skills
· Effective communication skills
· Good math skills
· Highly skilled in evaluation of garment fit
· Works well as a team leader with the ability to handle multiple projects
· Strong interpersonal skills
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Nearest Major Market: Framingham
Nearest Secondary Market: Boston
Job Segment: Product Development, Graphic Design, Compliance, Apparel, Garment, Research, Creative, Legal, Fashion