🔍Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
📅 2458Total Views
📅 2000018ZRequisition #
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Description - Internal
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
TechnipFMC is a global leader in subsea, onshore/offshore, and surface projects. With our proprietary technologies and production systems, integrated expertise, and comprehensive solutions, we are transforming our clients’ project economics. To learn more about how we are enhancing the performance of the world’s energy industry, go to http://www.TechnipFMC.com.
This position is located in Erie, PA and reports directly to the QHSE Senior Manager for MPS and supports the REMS, Erie, PA location.
• QHSE Senior Manager, MPS
• Director, MPS REMS
• MPS Site Quality Manager(s)
• Erie REMS Operations team
• Interfaces with Supplier Quality and QHSE Programs and Services
POSITION PURPOSE: Quality Assurance Manager will lead the Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions for MPS REMS supporting overall Operations. The position will have both strategic and tactical responsibility in ensuring alignment with global Quality requirements and developing plans to improve the overall Quality Management System and processes within the region. The role will be working within a union environment.
• Manages Quality from a functional standpoint within the business. These resources include Product Quality Engineers, Quality Compliance Specialist, Quality Documentation Coordinators, Quality Control Inspectors and any other resources with Quality related responsibilities.
• Leads the organization to ensure all quality certifications required by industry including but not limited to API, ISO, and CE are in adherence and maintained.
• Maintains a comprehensive quality management system that will provide products that meet customer, statutory, and regulatory requirements.
• Overall responsible for inspection process and records management activities.
• Provides transformational leadership and preventive mindset sponsoring Quality initiatives across the business to achieve zero defect capability, operational excellence, and reduction in cost of non-quality.
• Engaged in risk based thinking methods continually analyzing production systems and quality standards.
• Responsible for CNQ Reporting and systemic issue reporting.
• Conducts monthly Product Quality Reviews and leads improvement strategies.
• Overall responsible for Non-conformance (QN) management process. Leads/supports RCA investigations and Corrective Action implementation that will drive sustainable improvements eliminating the issues.
• Leads Cost on Non Quality (CNQ) reduction initiatives.
• Ensures systemic quality issues are addressed with preventive measures through regular collaboration with Operations and Product Management Team.
• Monitors compliance to risk management and change management systems.
• Collaborates with Measurement Solutions QHSE team to ensure global alignment on processes and procedures and leveraging best practices.
• Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection and establishes and implements leading and lagging key performance metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
• Collaborates with Engineering, supporting new product development efforts, First Article Inspections, and ensuring all quality related activities are adhered to.
• Collaborates with Sourcing and Supplier Quality to address any supplier related quality issues associated with the TechnipFMC Quality Management System.
• Performs supervisory responsibilities to include interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, discipline and other related functions.
• Completes all assigned training in the Learning Management System in a timely manner.
• Supports and leads cultural change aligned with our Core Values and Foundational beliefs.
• Maintains a close working relationship with MPS REMS International counterpart on process alignment and leveraging best practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least three years managerial or supervisory experience required.
• Formal Quality knowledge and competency, with at least six years’ experience in Quality management or related field.
• A minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma tools such as DMAIC, Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment and demonstrated understanding of various manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, metrology, and assembly/testing.
• Experience and familiarity working within a shop union environment.
• This position has direct reports and requires a strong ability to persuade and influence across the organization role.
• Must be proficient in the use of Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, auditing processes, and corrective action.
• Exposure to or experience in teaching/training techniques.
• Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, communications and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees, customers and outside professionals.
• Must have Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills, and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
• Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
• Role requires some travel as needed to supported sites. (5 – 10%)
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.”