30 - Graduate Entry Level
Equipment Engineering M/F
This position is responsible for meeting the company’s capacity plans and equipment utilization goals by supervising and executing activities related to Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) installation and Maintenance or ATE Software Maintenance including involvement in Planning, Designing, and Developing ATE Software Infrastructure to provide ‘user friendly’ testers for production use. The Senior Engineer performs complex repairs or software debugging in his designated platforms to support production delivery requirements.
1. EQUIPMENT or SOFTWARE QUALIFICATION (As needed)
- Communicates and collaborates with counterparts in other ST sites and other support groups.
- Supervises ATE Hardware or Software installation in designated platforms.
- Provides supervision/coaching in ATE troubleshooting or software debugging to the entire Test Systems.
2. EQUIPMENT or SOFTWARE RELIABILITY (Daily)
Performs expert level repair in at least three (3) types of major platforms or software debugging in at least one (1) type of major platform OS.
Establishes Reliability Centered Maintenance using FMEA as core tool to generate maintenance tasks in both Preventive Maintenance and Line Sustaining repairs.
Establishes ATE data infrastructure in collaboration with ICT.
Collaborates with equipment suppliers to resolve HW maintenance or software applications problems.
Analyzes, coordinates, and supervises for the solutions to chronic or recurring HW problems or development of software tools to aid in effective maintenance programs.
Coordinates for PEZA LOA, rigging, and crating. Supervises de-installation for proper dismantling of facilities connections or removal of local software customizations. Inspects to ensure secure mounting of Test Head to its carts or boards/parts/computer/peripherals to boxes to prevent damages during shipment.
3. COST CONTROL (Daily)
- Asset management.
- Spares management.
- Collaborates with internal/external colleagues and local/offshore supplier engineers to improve cost of ownership.
- Miscorrelation debugging.
4. TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS (As Needed)
- Analyzes of equipment performance.
Submits proposals to improve ATE performance in cost effective ways.
5. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (Daily)
- Implements day-to-day management, development, recognition, and discipline of subordinates.
- Takes active part in employee selection, career and skills development, succession planning and staff training
- Evaluates, guides, coaches, and mentors subordinates.
- Develops Automatic Test Equipment maintenance training modules and conducts training sessions.
6. SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, GOOD HOUSEKEEPING, AND SECURITY (Daily/As needed)
7. DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS (As scheduled)
- Standardizes all procedures and projects through proper documentation. - Generates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to serve as guideline for Test Systems Engineering (TSE).
With a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE, ECE, or CoE)
Must have expert skills in Tester Hardware or Software Maintenance.
Must be able to resolve expert level technical issues with low level no internal support.
Must have good communication and interaction skills
Must possess deep in electronics and/or other technologies used in semiconductor testing.
Must be expert in reading schematic and block diagrams.
Must be good in MS Office applications.
Must be expert in statistical tools, problem solving tools, FMEA, and 8D.
Must possess good supervisory skills.
Must be expert in either Windows, Linux, or Unix.
Asia-Pacific, Philippines, Calamba
Education level required
4 - Bachelor degree
Experience level required
Desired start date