Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
SPECIALTY POLYMERS belongs to Solvay, a global multi-specialty chemical company with more than 27,000 employees, committed to developing innovative solutions for key societal challenges. With more than 1500 products and over 2 billion EU sales, Specialty Polymers, a core Solvay Global Business Unit (GBU), offers the widest range of high-performance polymers in the world. A portfolio that enables our customers to create advanced customized solutions that extend the limits of metal replacement in a wide range of areas from sustainable mobility, to hyperconnectivity and advanced consumer devices to batteries, electrification and efficient energy production, and many more. JOIN US When our science and innovation blends with your energy and passion, Solvay Specialty Polymers becomes the perfect fit to start your career. Join one of the world’s leading chemical companies in which vast international opportunities, motivating benefits and a fulfilling environment are waiting for you.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
The Reliability Engineer will report administratively to the Maintenance Manager.
· Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for equipment.
· Reliability improvement working with the Operations and Maintenance organizations.
· Manage all aspects of the plant’s Reliability Program, leading team problem solving groups, implementing maintenance standards (lubrication, vibration, balancing, alignment, precision maintenance, bearing handling, etc.), Predictive/Preventive
· Maintenance optimization, failure analysis, vibration analysis and all necessary reporting.
· Uses KPI reports and SAP historical logs to identify areas of the process that are not performing satisfactorily and implement Asset Management Strategies to correct including proactive maintenance strategies, machine modifications, capital investment needs, changing operating procedures, etc.
· Evaluates and implements appropriate preventative maintenance schedules and predictive maintenance technologies Apply Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to improve plant performance.
· Assist in the development of training for craftsmen, including:
A) Machinery lubrication best practices
B) Power transmission alignment and maintenance
C) Vibration and infrared analysis
D) Pump and solids handling maintenance
· Interface with equipment suppliers to improve overall equipment reliability.
· Provide Technical Support of projects to ensure optimal life cycle performance
· Assist maintenance in the scope of equipment repair and provide troubleshooting
· assistance/failure identification to Operations
Education and Experience:
· Four year BS degree in Engineering.
· 5+ years experience in manufacturing.
· Hands-on field machinery expertise.
· Team leadership skills.
· Small Project management skills (typically & $100k).
· Project concept, premise, and economic justification development experience.
· SAP PM.
· Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience.
· Familiarity with chemical processing industry equipment.