· You will support the team in regulatory reporting, e.g. by analyzing changes and checking quality of deliverables
· You will support the implementation of new processes (e.g. new IFRS accounting rules)
· Regarding tax matters, you will be involved e.g. in controlling of travel expenses and compliance with German tax laws and other tax law specifics
· You will support the preparation of German Balance sheet and tax declaration
· The preparation of documents for review meetings (Business/Audit) will also belong to your work
Experience & technical skills:
· Currently studying at a University in the area of Finance & Accounting
· You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate program
· Previous experience e.g. through accomplished internships in the area of accounting, corporate taxes or/and regulatory reporting (in a bank/financial institution) would be desirable
· Strong analytical skills & good understanding of Corporate Taxes, IFRS & German GAAP
· Very good command of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Being fluent in German and English is required (in writing and orally); French would be a plus
Personal abilities / competencies:
· Good communication skills
· Being quality- and detail-oriented
· Having a good sense of risk
· Being able to work independently as well as in a team
· Displaying team spirit and pro-activity
· Being flexible
Why Join Us
Please apply through our webpage and send us your updated CV (including your expected graduation date) and a cover letter.
COVID-19 (coronavirus): Message to all our candidates
The health of our employees, customers and candidates is our priority. The current context of the health crisis is impacting our organizations. Certain recruitment processes are currently disrupted. We thank candidates for being understanding of these new delays when applying to our jobs for permanent or fixed-term contracts, internships, apprenticeships, or International Volunteer Program missions. We will be sure to inform you as soon as the situation improves. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 147,000 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
Do you want to be part of an international Team and gain experience
in Financial Accounting & Controlling?
Take your chance and apply as a working student (m/f/d) in our Finance department starting mi-February 2020!
The Finance department covers 2 entities: SG Frankfurt and SG Effekten. The main role of the Finance department is the supervision of the accounting and controlling function performed in our offshore location for the 2 entities, the delivery and supervision of the regulatory reporting, managing German tax related matters and performing required analysis impacting the financial performance and financial risks of the entities.
We are looking for a working student (m/f/d), who will support our Finance team (max. 20 hours/week) in various topics, such as regulatory reporting and tax matters as well as follow up of current account & project management.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 2000088H
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/06/2020
Date of publication: 16/04/2020