· Produce independently and certify the daily and monthly economic results to Front Office (FO), Risk, and GBIS/Group management
· Provide PnL analysis and comments to facilitate the validation of economic results by FO
· Validate and publish the official economic results in D+1 to management
· Work closely with the accounting/economic reconciliation and operation team on discrepancies
· Cooperate with CFO for Monthly/Quarterly activity's trend comments
· Preparation of other reports for internal counterparts, authorities, auditors etc.
· Be an essential element and referent for all the partners for project assigned by your manager
· Participate to on-going improvement on P/L process efficiency and effectiveness (lead time reduction, improved granularity, streamlining)
· New products and participation in transversal projects, as and when requested by management
· Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in Finance, Engineering or similar
· Understanding of capital market, and in particular the strategies and products traded
· Strong Excel skills, candidate with good programming skills (e.g. VBA) is preferred
· Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, tenacity
· Good team player, able to multi task and work under pressure
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within the Risk Division, the Operational Risk Second Line of Defense is to provide independent, objective and leading operational risk management challenge and oversight services to assist the firm in maintaining an effective system of operational risk management. You will be responsible of the production, analysis, comments and diffusion of the official economic P&L metrics. An important aspect as a Trainee would be to demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn, and rapidly adapt to become fully functional in a short period of time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000159
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 21/01/2020