• Control of the economic characteristics of transactions (primary bookings, secondary bookings, modifications and cancellations) based on contractual data and in particular:
- Ensure the consistency of transactional modelling with respect to pre-confirmations
- Control the payoff modelling data in relation to the term sheet
• Consistency check of transactions and positions that may include:
- Ensure control of valuation on certain transactions, potentially in collaboration with Trade Capture or Events teams
- Ensure consistency of modelling and position at the end of the day
- Alert the team if the model/position anomaly is found and ensure corrective actions
• Stock review
- Ensure periodic inventory reviews that products are correctly modelled in the systems
• You also participate in the projects and transversal tasks of the service:
- Follow-up of transversal issues to the whole service (systems, financial, accounting ...)
- Participate in projects for the security and reliability of the control system
- Participate in automation projects and convergence processes of the team
- Participate in impact analysis as part of the development of new activities
- Participate in the production of risk indicators (KRI) or performance indicators (KPI) of the team's activity
· Hold a relevant Bachelor or Masters degree in Finance, Banking or similar
· Knowledge of VBA / Python programming is an advantage
· Embody the Group's values by honouring its commitments, fostering a climate of trust and knowing how to work with colleagues from different environments and cultures
· Support change by proactively contributing to the change process and adapting to new constraints
· Make decisions as part of its responsibilities in managing priorities
· Fluent English is mandatory, any other languages would be a plus
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full-time basis. To apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
Within Societe Generale Group, you will join the Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS) division, which is in charge of the corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities businesses. You will join the Trade Support Unit, which is in charge of the processing and control of operations initiated by the GBIS business. Our teams guarantee the quality and reliability of transactions carried out on behalf of clients in all the different financial centres around the world.
Within the Trade Support Unit (TSU) of the Operations Department, TSU Control team ensures booking of transactions and the accuracy of modelling of products to avoid any operational incident and risk.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000NKY
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 17/10/2019