Description of the Business Line or Department
Provision of Technical Services (Global Technical Services)
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Assist with the co-ordination and management of the BCM activities for GTS in the UK.
Analyse recovery requirements received from UK business and support functions to ensure that in-place solutions are fit for purpose.
Organise the maintenance, review and regular technical testing of the business continuity solutions.
Maintain GTS BCM-related documentation.
Summary of responsibilities
· Co-ordinate the regular completion of the London GTS Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and the subsequent review of the documents produced.
· Review the technical (GTS) requirements received from the business & support functions.
· Conduct Risk Assessments of the technical requirements.
· Perform GTS Business Continuity organisation and implementation planning activities.
· Implement standby arrangements and risk reduction measures.
· Provide guidance to, and co-ordinate the efforts of, the GTS technical teams in producing GTS recovery plans and procedures.
· Organise the testing of GTS recovery plans and procedures.
· Fulfil auditing requirements, including the pre- and post-exercise documentation efforts required by our internal and external auditors and the follow-up of any outstanding test issues.
· Assess impact of IT changes on GTS business continuity plans and processes.
· Validate ongoing ability of GTS business continuity strategies to meet business requirements.
· Provide management information about GTS BCM quality and operations.
· During an incident, assist recovery support and business resumption staff in the implementation of the response and alternate operating strategies.
· Liaise with Third Party vendors of business recovery services and facilities.
· Liaise with Business Line BCM representatives.
· Maintain awareness of current business continuity developments and trends.
· Perform GTS business continuity educational training and awareness activities.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Listen and influence
Ability to Work under Pressure
Technical business continuity management experience in a large corporate institution, preferably in the Financial Sector.
An understanding of IT infrastructure technologies
Technical report writing
Educated to degree-level or equivalent.
Should be a member of the BCI and, ideally, hold the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) qualification
French would be advantageous
Why Join Us
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
Job code: 19000PE3
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 11/11/2019
Date of publication: 27/09/2019
Trainee Business Continuity Analyst
Trainee | London - Great Britain | Information Technology
· Home Job Offers Trainee Business Continuity Analyst
· All our job offers
· Advice to candidates
· Group Société Générale website
· Contact form
· Profiles wanted
· Legal information
Follow Us :
Recruitment - Société Générale