· Sales Assistant providing desk support to the Macro Sales team based in Hong Kong/Singapore who are responsible for global account coverage in the Asia time zone. Client sector includes Hedge Funds, Real Money and Banks. Product perimeter focused on flow FX (Vanilla & Options / G10 & EM Asia) and flow Rates/Fixed Income (Cash bond & IR Derivatives / G10 & EM Asia).
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
· Assist senior sales in a wide range of daily tasks, providing back-up coverage duties daily including voice and chat room trade execution, trade booking and recap, market analysis, general enquiry response.
· Perform administrative duties related to client on-boarding, limit-checking, order and flow reporting, market recaps, deal simulations, distribution of SG Research, familiarise oneself with margin/CVA/RAROC policy etc.
· Provide pre and post trade processing support for Senior Sales, utilising internal and external trading systems, coordinating with Trading desks.
· Act as the front office coordinator with the middle and back office teams.
· Meet professional behavioural development objectives in terms of setting high standards of performance and dedication.
Key Skills Area & Knowledge Required:
· Product understanding: possess and enhance strong technical knowledge of FIC products, particularly FX and Rates with strong trade execution skills.
· Market knowledge: solid global macro understanding.
· People friendly, customer oriented, highly driven reliable team player.
· Proficient multi-tasker, strong time management skills, ability to work with high accuracy under pressure.
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Proficiency in Mandarin a plus but not required.
· High level of proficiency in Bloomberg, Microsoft (particularly Excel, PowerPoint), programming languages such as Excel VBA.
· Bachelor degree (preferably Master) in Business/Finance/Science/Mathematics.
· Trading and Engineering
· Middle and Back office, Customer Support Unit.
· Relationship Coverage, KYC, Risk and other client onboarding teams.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000869
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 17/04/2020