Day to day responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Accounting, reporting and payment of payroll taxes to domestic and international tax authorities
· Accounting and reporting payments for the Firm's tax equalization program
· Record payroll entries for the expatriate and other Americas payrolls
· G/L Reconciliations and quarterly balance sheet substantiation
· Liaise with Global Mobility Services and external vendors in providing information and analyses for expatriate employees
· Perform regular reconciliations and validations on various payroll functions.
· Ensure sound operational controls are maintained and followed in compliance with existing governance.
· Coordinate and calculate withholding tax rates to be applied to equity-based compensation
· Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to constantly changing priorities.
· Strong organization and analytical skills.
· Extreme attention to details and the ability to follow through
· Ability to develop positive working relationships
· Good communication skills
· Analysis and reporting of wage information and tax payments to domestic and international tax authorities.
· Responsible for the accounting, reporting and taxation of share-based compensation.
· Ability to work closely with areas of the firm such as Human Capital Management, Tax, Financial Reporting, Accounting Policy, Treasury, Information Technology and the various Legal Entity Controllers.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
· 3+ years of international payroll accounting experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Employees should understand the institution's approach to risk management and their respective roles in supporting a strong risk culture, as outlined in the SGUS Operations Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
At Societe Generale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Societe Generale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200007FB
Business unit: SG AMERICAS OPERATIONAL SECURITIES
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 13/04/2020