• Gain exposure on client onboarding journey and Regulatory/AML requirements
• Produce and maintain performance and tracking reports
• Develop VBA macros responding to prioritization needs, efficiency gains and automation
• Maintain the existing tools and upgrade them according to business evolution
• Work in collaboration with Front Office / Project Management / KYC teams / Other members of the onboarding organization and contribute to the production workload of the team
• Currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, Finance or similar
• Demonstrate the capacity to work in a team environment, on collective success
• Display responsibility and act ethically
• Display commitment, demonstrating consideration for others
• Proficiency in Excel macro development / VBA preferred
• Must be very reliable and pay particular attention to detail
• Ability to adapt quickly to challenging situations and find innovative solutions
• Good communication skills
• Fluent English is mandatory, with an Asian language being a plus
This is a 2-3 month internship with Societe Generale in Hong Kong whereby you will work within one business line / support function for the period. In order to apply for an internship opportunity with us please ensure you are currently studying towards a Bachelors or Masters degree and are available for the 2-3 month period.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong – a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group – we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
The Client Lifecycle & Digital Department (CLD) resides as part of the Wholesale Clients Technology & Operations division within Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS).
CLD's mission is to deliver a state-of-the art digital platform, targeting both users and clients in covering pre-trade, execution and post-trade activities. CLD aims to grow our internal client knowledge and deliver a user-friendly experience through the client lifecycle, while mitigating risk to protect the bank.
The KYC New Business Onboarding team is a key pillar of the CLD team which support the bank's Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) system. Its mission is to ensure the bank is compliant with its obligation of client identification and due diligence on a worldwide basis and to provide the institution with adequate and complete client information.
The KYC Case Lead role acts as the interface between clients and internal key stakeholders. As a dedicated point of contact, the team is responsible for the successful end-to-end review of the KYC profile by identifying KYC requirements, collecting and validating documents that cannot be obtained via public sources and final signoff of the file. Responsibilities include supporting the business lines, managing their priorities and providing transparency of the process. The team provides advisory services internally and externally, and should be well versed in the latest KYC and regulatory requirements and how they are applied within our organization. The Case Lead is accountable for the accuracy of the file in line with policy and procedure and in addition responsible for final validation of the file from a KYC perspective.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200001KJ
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/06/2020
Date of publication: 26/02/2020