Your mission: to support the senior members of the Leveraged Loan and High Yield Capital Markets teams who are responsible for underwriting, structuring and executing Societe Generale's leveraged transactions in EMEA.
• To provide support on both analytical and presentational work, often within tight deadlines
•To become an invaluable member of the team by producing reliable and accurate market data and comparable analysis in order to assist senior colleagues
• To promote integrated financing solutions via the preparation of materials for both the Leveraged Loan and High Yield Capital Markets teams
How this translates on the ground :
• To ensure that the team is provided with up to date market analysis, as well as sharing this analysis with other business lines
• Preparation of weekly/fortnightly market update materials and other reporting tools, as well as timely reporting to league table publishers
• Responsibility for maintaining an updated database of comparable transactions (comps) and utilising this database for market analysis
• To provide support on the analytical side, help prepare lender presentations and client marketing as well as being extremely organised, with strong time management discipline
• Preparation of client pitches and other marketing materials including deal tombstones
• To assist in the creation of syndication/road-show materials: teasers, Information Memoranda, management presentations (involving close co-operation with origination teams)
Admin / mandatory files:
• Preparation of deal closing files: closing memos, deal summaries which are shared internally with other business lines
• Work will often require detailed research and cooperation with other departments within the bank: Sales and Trading, other Syndicate teams (including US and Asia), Origination, Financial Sponsor Coverage
Interested ? It's up to you to score the try!
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
Now let's talk about the post-match!
Why Join Us
You will benefit from this experience and have an excellent ability to further develop your analytical skills.
You will have the opportunity to discover a new country, culture and the day-to-day job in an Investment Banking Industry.
You will be joining the European Leveraged Loan Syndicate team (also known as Leveraged Capital Markets).
This team is reponsible for the underwriting and syndication of non-investment grade loans and private subordinated debt across the EMEA region. The team works closely with origination business lines (for Telecoms & Media clients as well as Private Equity Sponsors), as well as partnering with other syndicate teams in US, Asia and with complementary product teams such as High Yield Capital Markets and High Yield Bond Syndicate.
The High Yield Capital Markets team is responsible for addressing borrowers' needs in terms of raising and managing capital in the debt capital markets. The client base includes corporate borrowers, financial institutions, public sector and sovereigns, as well as non-investment grade (high yield) issuers globally.
The activity covers issuance of bonds of various kinds, including hybrid capital and liability management advisory.
High yield deals exclusively with non-investment grade credits, mostly for corporate entities and including leveraged buy-out situations
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000SMF
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/01/2020
Date of publication: 17/10/2019