Summary of the key purposes of the role
The role of the VIE will be to help the Head and the COO of GLBA/FIG build the Management Information System (MIS) required to support all the missions of the department, using existing Data sources and systems available and developing the tools required to address a number of regulatory and business needs.
Use technical expertise (coding, database management), personal experience of similar projects and potentially knowledge of SocGen's main databases and IT environment (BDR clients base, SG Markets tools, RIskWeb, etc.) to develop customized solutions for GLBA/FIG
Formalize business requirements in a format understandable by IT analysts
Participate to the management of IT projects addressing the needs of GLBA/FIG
Summary of responsibilities
1. Extract and put together the relevant data: Collect data in different existing databases and gather them in reporting and visualization tools. Link together data and information which are typically not hosted in the same databases (client profitability, information about risk exposure)
2. Develop restitution templates and tools: Format in customization tools like 'Tableau' the restitution of the collected data and replace existing Excel Spreadsheet tools (e.g. deal pipeline) with more robust solutions integrated to the MIS
3. Develop smart applications allowing the extraction and formatting of information based on different search criteria (searchable database), data analysis as well as the creation of workflows
4. Help create better quality information by reconciling the data available in different databases and detecting anomalies
5. Contribute to IT projects by providing input regarding GLBA/FIG's business requirements
6. Liaise with the IT teams in charge of databases and systems in New York, Paris or Bangalore to obtain their technical cooperation as required
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
This VIE in Montreal is to begin in May 2020 but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 24 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see http://www.civiweb.com/ .
Graduate from Engineering school, Business School or University with a master degree in Computer Science.
You ideally have a previous experience in Front-End.
You are proficient in Microsoft Office
You are fluent in French and have a good level of English.
· Databases & Advanced SQL
· Business Intelligence Tools including Microsoft Power BI and Tableau (analysis, transformation and visualization of data)
· UX / UI for the creation of Dashboards
· Strong Analytical Skills, problem-solving minded
Why Join Us
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.
GTS/IAS/DVF is a department which oversees development topics for all other GTS/IAS departments. All API provided by IAS are developed and maintained by people belonging to GTS/IAS/DVF. This team is fully related to the GTS 2020 objective (from OPS to DEV/OPS).
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents , regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200003QX
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 04/05/2020
Date of publication: 06/02/2020