SOCIETE DU CANAL DE PROVENCE (SCP) was established in 1957. The company is managing the water resources of South-Eastern France in order to foster the sustainable development of this region. SCP is a mixed capital company whose shareholding is composed of regional public authorities and private banks. It operates under private business law while it has a public service assignment.
SCP has a dual vocation:
- As a MULTIPURPOSE WATER PROVIDER & REGIONAL DEVELOPER, SCP’s prime vocation is to contribute to the improvement, equipment and economic development of south-Eastern France. By providing water for agriculture over 80,000 ha of arable land, for some 400 industries including a major petrochemical complex, for 110 municipalities including Marseille city as well as rural areas totaling 3 million inhabitants, the multipurpose development implemented by SCP has been for the past 50 years a vital contributing factor to economic growth and quality of life in south-eastern France.
- As an INTERNATIONAL CONSULTING ENGINEER, SCP with a host of in-house experts or all and every discipline, has been providing worldwide and for the past 40 years, its considerable know how to state authorities or private organizations in order to assist them in their development projects.
Poste et missions:
SCP has been selected to provide consulting services for the Irrigation Systems Modernization over a scheme of 20,000 ha located in the central Dry zone of Myanmar. The scope of the assignment is to provide support activities to the project, and in particular to (i) prepare detailed engineering designs and tender documents for the Irrigation Scheme;(ii) support the tender process, (iii) perform the role of the Engineer for the supervision of civil works contracts, and (iv) ensure close coordination with other consultant services.
As a Team Leader/Irrigation Engineer, you will:
- Plan irrigation layouts and ensure the needs of water users are taken into account in the detailed designs of canals and structures of Natmauk subproject;
- Support the detailed designs of canals, drains and related structures of Natmauk subproject;
- Cost estimation
- Full academic qualification (MSc. or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or/and hydraulic,
- Work experience in (international) consulting projects.
- Fluent language skills (oral and written) in English
- Distinct communication skills as well as report writing skills
- Overseas experience, in South Asia preferable (not compulsory)
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as being a self-starter personality
- Ability to work under time-pressure
If you are interested :
We look forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents – motivation letter including information on earliest start / notice period, current curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and work certificates