· Pickering ON, Canada
Gas and Power
Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
· Performs all electrical tests from standard procedures on all ranges of instrument transformers, as determined by the Test Lab Supervisor, using the appropriate electrical instruments to meet daily production quotas. Must be able to perform these duties with minimal supervision.
· Records all test results using standard test forms and procedures and fills out daily production reports and any other related documentation.
· Follows all safety practices and procedures related to high voltage testing and the workplace
What will you need to succeed?
· Completion of a college program in Electrical/Power Systems Technology or equivalent.
· Must be familiar with the construction of high voltage instrument transformers.
· Knowledge of ANSI, CSA, EIEC Standards on instrument transformers is required.
· Past experience in high voltage test is required.
· High proficiency in Microsoft office is required.
· Past experience in recording and analyzing test data is required
· Must be able to read and follow schematics, factory work orders and product drawings, as well as Testing and Engineering instructions.
· Must be able to record test data accurately
· Must have the ability to converse, read and write fluently in English in order to follow verbal instructions and written documentation related to the position and the workplace, as well as complete any required paperwork.
· Must be able to perform material handling tasks, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Must be safety and quality conscious and be a team player.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 184611
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Trench Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available atwww.siemens.ca .
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter auwww.siemens.ca .
· English (US)
· Français (French)
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019