Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada's Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Trench Canada's Coil Division has a job opening for a Test Technician in our Test Lab located at Scarborough, Ontario. The incumbent of this position will report directly to Hamid Majd and will work in a team environment, performing test on products manufactured.
THE TRENCH GROUP (a Siemens Energy Company) is a specialized manufacturer of high voltage equipment dedicated to serving the worldwide electrical industry, in both utility and industrial markets, through engineering, service and commitment.
HIGH VOLTAGE PRODUCTS: Trench has achieved a global position in the complete range of air core dry type reactors, iron core oil immersed reactors, capacitor voltage transformers, instrument transformers, combined transformers and transformer bushings.
A GREAT TEAM: Astute companies know that their most important asset is their employees. Trench has always been proud of its many long service employees, technical depth and very high retention level.
What will you do?
· Perform various testing according to established test lab procedures.
· Liaise with external inspectors in a professional manner.
· Operate various test equipment independently and/or in conjunction with other Test Lab personnel.
· Input/record test measurements into data files.
· Evaluate compliance of measurements to test requirements.
· Knowledge in test instrumentation and maintains lab equipment records.
· Develops table/spreadsheets for test summaries.
· Knowledge in electromagnetic theory and circuit analysis.
· Perform test and develop report for ancillary testing.
· Perform other duties as required.
What will you need to succeed?
· Community College diploma in Electrical/Electronics or equivalent experience is required.
· 3-5 years of experience within the Electrical industry is required.
· Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office and Windows is required. Familiarity with LabView software would strongly be preferred.
· Strong written and oral communications skills are required.
· Must be a team player.
· Familiarity with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards are preferred.
· Must demonstrate safety and quality conscious approach while performing work duties.
· Hours of work: Able to work on a shift rotation as required.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Trench Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s'engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d'être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès à l'emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .