Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc © Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
Under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Test Engineering; the VA (Value Assignment) Engineer/Scientist is responsible for setting production lot targets, monitoring and acting on testing results, improving test procedures and protocols, assisting in solving technical issues related to manufacturing, and executing Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Timely and correct generation of data
· Setting result targets (Value Assignments) for each production lot
· Understands the relationships between the test data (the “numbers”) and the characteristics of the product that generate those numbers
· Differentiate between normal and abnormal results
· Monitoring and reporting of manufacturing-testing related data and improvement of data collection procedures
· Reasoned, rapid response to process, component, or product quality, yield, or throughput issues
· Finished Goods lots and process shift investigations based on testing results
· Assist with development of process and procedures including continuous improvement
· Generation and modification of manufacturing documentation
· Enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
· Reports directly to Sr. Manager, Test Engineering
· Regular interaction with Development and Manufacturing engineers, technicians and operators as well as Quallity Assurance personnel
· Ability to communicate directly, efficiently and effectively with coworkers and other departments
· Positive, “can do” attitude toward challenging problems
· Ability to make decisions without all data and inputs
· Ready to speak up about concerns
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Breadth of required technical understanding: from relevant chemical reactions to the statistical foundations of testing strategies.
· Dynamic “start-up” environment with extremely short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to distinguish colours
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
· Bachelor of Science or Biomedical/Chemical Engineering or related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal.
· Experience working in a manufacturing company, either in a development or manufacturing role.
· Knowledge of New Product Introduction and Continuous Improvement experience-advantage
· Ability to understand and apply statistical methods related to product or process validation and experimentation, gained through both theory and practice
· Familiarity with manufacturing operations in regulated industries- advantage
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel,) SharePoint, etc.
· Familiarity with JMP is an asset
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca .
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca .