Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for fixed telecommunications? Are you ready to take your next steps in the world of engineering? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we.
We believe our 12 month rotational programme differs from any other intern development scheme. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes, start your engineering career with us at Siemens Mobility Limited!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business. Do you have what it takes?
By joining Siemens Mainline Rail Automation department on a Year Long Placement you could make steps to include yourself in this exciting future, get to know us from the inside, develop your natural talents on the job – and work at the cutting edge of engineering.
With unprecedented level of investment, there has never been a better time to gain experience in the rail industry.
The demand for mobility is growing as the transportation of people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure and national economies. Mobility is providing solutions to the following questions: How will cities solve the problems of increasing traffic? How can railway operators improve the punctuality of service and security of their systems? How can we ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum?
As a valued member of the team, this role will enable you to:
· Experience a full project lifecycle of a Railway Telecoms project; working on a variety of different tasks from Design right through to Installation, Test and Commissioning.
· Delve into the world of Networking. IP technology is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s railway, with more and more projects moving towards this technology. You will be exposed to Network Design, as well as getting hands on with configuring and testing networks in our lab area.
· Work on real projects which may include Operational and Retail Communications Systems.
· Develop excellent knowledge of technical standards and processes associated with the transport and process industries.
· Be a valued member within a team of Entry Level Talent (Apprentices/Interns/Graduates) to participate in the Business Improvement Project (BIP) Scheme. The scope of the project is to create and present a solution to executive management. It provides you with valuable team working and presentation skills.
· Be an ambassador for STEM through a multitude of volunteering opportunities, such as Greenpower, Big Bang Fair and much more.
What are my responsibilities?
· Support the engineering team delivering high quality technical and engineering solutions for large multi-disciplined projects for clients related to Control and Information systems, primarily in the rail sector.
· Technically understanding our customer requirements and then ensuring that solutions are designed and implemented in a methodical manner under the supervision of engineering personnel whilst utilising industry best practices.
· Ensure products or projects are delivered in accordance with Siemens safety and quality/testing procedures and meet all applicable legislation and project requirements.
· Utilise Root Cause Analysis processes when solving problems.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds;
· You must be studying towards a Telecommunications, Electrical, Electronics, Systems or Computer Engineering degree, aiming for a 2:2 or above
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Ability to deal with technical issues and make timely, sound decisions with minimal consultation
· Ability to develop a firm understanding and appreciation of system design, safety concepts and associated decision making within the relevant industries.
· An understanding of quantifying and managing technical risk when involved with project work.
· Appreciation of requirements management.
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Do you think this is you? If so apply now!
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £18,525 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. Benefits available such as pension, buy/sell holiday scheme, cycle to work scheme and subsidised Bupa healthcare to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all of our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time