The Sr. Energy Engineer supports preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities.
Assists sales in identification and qualification of potential energy services projects. Monitors project performance. Manage relationships with current and as well potential future customers.
Our Culture :
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we'd like to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supports facility site visits and communicate basic design concepts with outside vendors, consultants, or Siemens project managers as it pertains to the scope of the FIMs.
· Develops and/or reviews basic design concepts and other written documentation to sales and management concerning recommended FIMS, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back-up data to verify FIMS.
· Supports preliminary and detailed facility audits to identify facility improvement measures (FIMS) and/or opportunities. Take or supervise equipment measurements, data logging, and equipment trending necessary to develop energy savings opportunity.
· Directly work with Energy Services staff with building energy simulation programs or excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy savings as well as analyze operational costs to identify operational savings.
· Supports the development of preliminary and final energy services proposals.
· Participates in client meetings and presentations.
· Provide project development assistance to sell stand alone energy service projects or development of LEED sustainable solutions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
General Requirements :
· BS or MS in engineering or applicable degree and a minimum of 6 years experience in energy engineering.
· If you do not meet the above qualifications, you must have a minimum of 10 years experience in building systems.
· CEM is required. PE preferred
· Leads and mentors other Energy Engineers. Subject matter experts for peers.
· Experience working within a team environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs. Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability of Siemens automation products and ability to use other building automation systems trending functions. Proficiency with building modeling programs.
· Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, building control systems, lighting, building envelope, and domestic water systems preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.BS or MS in engineering or applicable degree.
· Ability to use Siemens technology and devices.
· Works independently with no supervision.
· Develops relationships at all levels within the customer's organization and exhibits strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .