During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you tovisit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
The Software Engineer Testlab will work on the development of Model Bases System Testing (MBST) solutions within the Testlab eco-system, and more specifically within the Testlab software platform. Model Based System Testing targets synergetic solutions between the Physical Testing world and the Simulation world. Recently, an initial series of extensions closing the gap between Simulation and Testing were released, and receiving very positive feedback within the worldwide Simcenter Testlab installed base.
The work includes design, development and integration of software components to enable the use of simulation models within the Testlab platform. These models will interface to physical data and can be in the simulation tool’s native format or can make use of standard model exchange formats (E.g. FMU). He/She will make sure that the products fulfil the corresponding requirements. Custom developments may be needed on a case-by-case basis.
Furthermore, he/she will participate in research activities in the broader field of Model-Based System Testing. Responsibilities include supervising researchers and students, preparing research proposals and contributing to the definition of the research roadmap.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
· Participation to the implementation of the MBST-ideas and prototypes
· Responsibility for the design, development and maintenance of mature Software components that are used to build MBST-solutions within the ‘Simcenter Testlab’ applications.
· Building up knowledge on the different architectures used in-house, to create state-of-the-art industrial solutions.
· Become the technology expert for the support of Model Based Development within the ‘Simcenter Testlab’ platform, including the Functional Mock-up Interface (FMI).
· Identify and keep abreast of novel technologies and markets.
· Participation in the development and implementation of customer pilot use-cases
· Participation to the Model-Based System Testing research activities:
· writing and execution of research projects at national and international level in close cooperation with the Test RTD-division,
· writing of scientific papers and applications patents.
· University degree M.Sc. in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Electrics, Computer Science or any other relevant field with preferably also a PhD or equivalent research experience.
· Proven skills in C++ or C#, OO Development Methodology and, design and analysis skills.
· Following are nice-to-have assets:
· affinity with digital signal processing, experience with numerical computing and experience with simulation software (multibody simulation software, multi-physical simulation software, finite element simulation software, etc.)
· experience in engineering activities related to Model Based Development
· knowledge of Real-time platforms, digital buses (CAN bus, real-time fieldbuses, etc.), controls engineering
· Languages: Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing), other languages (Dutch, French) are an asset
· Be a motivated team player with strong problem-solving skills, customer-oriented, flexible, adaptable, and eager to learn new technologies.
Siemens PLM Software offers, besides an attractive salary and benefits package, an internationally-oriented and innovative high-tech environment. It is a fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, which develops simulation and testing solutions in an informal, flexible atmosphere. People working within the business unit appreciate the room for initiative and career development. Siemens PLM solutions are driven by innovation and therefore management fosters the creativity of its employees. Siemens PLM Software provides continuous training and competence development, stimulating personal development with respect to technical and/or management skills.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time