Site Safety & Health Officer Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. (SGT) is a U.S. Federal Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in developing and executing Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs) and other contracts for building automation, HVAC and other energy saving and generation projects.
As the Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO), you initial assignment will be the SGT representative at the project site located in Cuba at the Naval Station Guantanamo Bay (NSGB), to lead the safety and health program, observing and enforcing contract and regulatory requirements, including developing and executing the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP), Activity Hazard Analysis(s) (AHAs), Hazardous Energy Control Plan (HECP), Lift Plans both Standard and Critical, Fall Prevention Plan (FPP) and others as assigned . The SSHO will interface with the Project Manager on site, with customer representatives, and with all subcontractor personnel for training and safety assistance.
· Overall project safety lead, responsible for coordinating with subcontractor SSHOs to ensure unity of effort on safety throughout the project.
· Lead training such as site specific Safety and Health Orientation for workers and visitors, Hazard Communication and weekly “toolbox” talks for all Siemens and subcontractor personnel.
· Observe, promote, and enforce safe practices, Personal Protective Equipment use, Respiratory Protection Program, Lock-out/Tag-out and other necessary procedures.
· Lead, participate in, and document meetings for safety and health planning and action, such as Lock-out coordination with the customer and mobile crane lift plans.
· Anticipate, recognize and control occupational health hazards, including heat stress, hazardous materials, and confined space entry.
· Complete and file project safety and health documentation, including daily inspections, hot work permits, new and updated Activity Hazard Analysis etc.
· Perform incident management by taking immediate action in case of mishap (injury, vehicle or property damage, and near misses).
· Specific Project Duties (to be performed by the SSHO to other project SSHOs)
o Investigate, report, and communicate on root cause and corrective actions taken to avoid reoccurrence.
o Collect and maintain certified EMR ratings for all subcontractors on the project
o Conduct daily safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections. Attach safety inspection logs to the Contractors' daily production report.
o Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports.
o Maintain one OSHA Form 300 "Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses" and one OSHA Form 300A "Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses" and document safety oversight work in the Daily Production Reports for prime and all subcontractors. Update OSHA Form 300A on a monthly basis and post it at the Contractor's construction trailer throughout the construction period. Submit final OSHA Form 300A along with OSHA Form "Calculating Injury and Illness Incidence Rates," which includes the Total Recordable Cases Incidence Rate and DART Incidence Rate, at project closeout.
o Maintain Daily Production Reports for prime and subcontractors..
o Maintain safety-related references applicable to the project, Maintain applicable equipment manufacturer's manuals.
o Attend the pre-construction conference, pre-work meetings including preparatory inspection meeting, and periodic in-progress meetings.
o Implement and enforce accepted APPs and AHAs.
o Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution. Post a list of unresolved safety and health deficiencies on the safety bulletin board.
o Ensure sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements. Failure to perform the above duties will result in dismissal of the superintendent, QC Manager, and/or SSHO, and a project work stoppage. The project work stoppage will remain in effect pending approval of a suitable replacement.
o Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material safety data sheets.
o Within one calendar day after commencement of work, erect a safety bulletin board at the job site. Where size, duration, or logistics of project do not facilitate a bulletin board, an alternative method, acceptable to the Contracting Officer, that is accessible and includes all mandatory information for employee and visitor review, shall be deemed as meeting the requirement for a bulletin board. Include and maintain information on safety bulletin board as required by EM 385-1-1, section 01.A.06.
· United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or foreign work/citizenship Visa
· Associate’s degree in a related field
· Minimum five (10) years on-the-job EHS experience.
· Completion of the OSHA 30-hour outreach course for Construction or General Industry, plus annual refresher training as required.
· Current certification held in First Aid and CPR
· Familiarity with US Army Corps of Engineers EM 385-1-1 Safety Manual requirements.
· Well versed in electrical and arc flash safe practices, NEC and NFPA 70E.
· Familiar with fall prevention and protection requirements, ANSI Z359, including roof work and personal fall arrest systems.
· Experience working with mobile construction equipment, including cranes, forklifts, scissor lifts and other aerial work platforms.
· Ability to speak clearly in front of groups, to answer questions, and to explain the reasons behind safety rules.
Must be US citizen with the ability to obtain a federal government security clearance, if later required.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, clickhere .