Quantity Surveyor - Manchester
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Quantity Surveyor at Siemens Rail Infrastructure. This role is based in Manchester, working on one of many prestigious projects we have been successful with. You will be responsible in this role to provide a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service. Act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders for your assigned projects.
What are my responsibilities?
· Commercial functions of various work packages. These may include Design, Signalling Installation, Test & Commission , Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way on the railway infrastructure.
· Work with the project delivery team responsible for work package / project change control and management
· Liaise with work package managers to collate information on the works
· Work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
· Prepares internal and external commercial reports
· Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. E.g. finance, project management, engineering, subcontractors, suppliers and Employers team.
· Maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
· Able to manage cost of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontract cost (essential)
· Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods (essential)
· Able to forecasts cost and measure cost of work complete (essential)
· Good negotiation skills (essential)
· Assists with the implement commercial strategies (essential)
· Ability to work with limited supervision and manage expectation (essential) Good communication skills (essential) good financial and commercial acumen (essential)
· Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions
· Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels.
· Good negotiation skills.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
· Previous Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment (essential) Experience ideally gained in a similar or related contracting construction industry e.g. Rail, Engineering, Defence.
· HND/Degree qualified or equivalent and or hold or working towards professional qualification, RICS, CICES (essential)
· 5 years experience.
· Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment (essential)
· Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions (essential)
· Good contractual knowledge and understanding (essential)
· Use of Microsoft Office and other software to present high standard of documentation
We're Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual's helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA , the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Part-time