· Norcross, Georgia
· Quality Management
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 247816
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Low Voltage Products, Central Quality organization is looking for a Quality Engineer who is a self-motivated individual that will take the initiative to complete complicated tasks for their Norcross, GA location. This person should have strong critical thinking and communication skills. Strong analytical skills to evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and present complex data in a coherent manner and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and prioritize. If you take initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence we would like to talk to you.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers' experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Reduce overall product quality cost by utilizing statistical analysis skills and Six Sigma methodology to drive process improvements, CAPA Verification and Product & Process audits.
• Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility. Identifies and implements necessary statistical techniques as applicable.
• Collaboratively interact with several manufacturing plant quality and engineering teams to collecting, analyze, and summarize data; Reports out all required monthly metrics and make recommendations.
• Manages activities related to product quality concerns, including customer issues, quality performance tracking, containment activities and corrective/preventive actions. Communicate information to corporate office and sister plants.
• Lead problem solving for corrective actions (8D, RRCA) for internal and external requests. Must have excellent problem-solving abilities using systemic, logical, and sequential approaches and provide senior technical oversight for issue/problem resolution activities, root cause analysis and preventive/corrective action implementation.
• Ensures compliance of all quality-controlled documentation, document change activities and record retention requirements. Assist in the formulation and implementation of quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
• Support the design and execution of data analysis and testing on a complex project. Ensures the Pre-Launch project quality planning and testing completed and comprehensive risk management plan for the new product development.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor's Degree within a relevant Science discipline
2. 5-10 years' experience in a Quality role in the electro-mechanical industry.
3. Effective technical writing, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills are required to engage with various levels of stakeholders and team members in remote locations.
4. Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is preferred.
5. Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, experience with large data analysis, and knowledge of general statistics is required.
6. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
8. Experience leading and/or facilitating Design of Experiments (DOE) and Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEA) is preferred.
9. Certified Quality Engineer CQE or equivalent is preferred.
10. Process Excellence Certification, such as Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019