· Houston, Texas
Gas and Power
Organization: Gas and Power
Business Unit: Service Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 247675
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Quality Assurance/Logistics Engineer:
As a Control Systems Quality Assurance Logistics Engineer you will be responsible for supporting/ leading and providing logistics support in the development and execution of Automation & Controls work for packaging of small gas turbines, turbine driven units (compressors/ generators) and Motor driven compressors. This position is responsible for Control Systems for Packaging the gas turbines projects which requires control panel design expertise.
· Assist with the development of the controls scope for projects, provide input to project cost estimates and schedules.
· Assist the engineer with the review of customer specifications and provide comments and feedback.
· Knowledge of the development of cause & effects matrix, function block diagrams and control narratives.
· Investigate product overage, shortage and damage; complete appropriate documentation.
· You will support production during the construction and testing.
· You shall ensure all designs are compliant with applicable codes, standards and safety regulations.
· You will be responsible for supporting sales/ application engineering during the bid phase of the project.
· You shall participate in the kick-off and design review meetings.
· Process tailoring based on projects quality requirements at project start
· Ensure process compliance of the project during project execution
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, electronics or related discipline required.
· 1-3 years of experience in development of embedded systems
· You must have knowledge in Quality standards, such as ISO 9001
· You possess keen knowledge of development, process and project management methodologies
· You exhibit expert communication, presentation and social skills
· You must be a team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English
· You possess knowledge of the design of complex control systems for controlling and monitoring gas turbines, gas turbine driven compressors and generators and motor driven compressors.
· You understand the principles of Gas Turbines and various systems of gas turbines including the fuel systems, auxiliary systems and basic concepts of driven units such as compressors.
· You must be able to understand P&IDs and develop control system schematics, wiring diagrams and loop diagrams
· Knowledge of controls application using Software such as Siemens PCS7, Allen Bradley RSLogix family required.
· Understanding PLC programming using ladder logic, statement text, function blocks and CFCs required.
· Knowledge of design and develop Control System hardware using Allen Bradley ControlLogix, FlexLogix family products required
· Expertise in operator interface using HMI products such as RS required
· Must be familiar with design controls architectures using communication Protocols such as Profibus, Ethernet, ControlNET, DeviceNET, Modbus etc.
· Must be able to write test procedures, user manuals and technical proposals.
· You must possess knowledge of the design and program of Fire & Gas Systems such as Det-tronics
· You must have background in design, develop and program machine monitoring systems such as Bently Nevada
· You must be familiar with Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), SIL Levels and Safety Systems.
· You must have knowledge of industry standards such as ATEX, CE, IEC, NEC, API, etc.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
· Master's degree inengineering, electronics or related discipline
· Experience with Siemens/Dresser-Rand products, customers, and processes
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,Click here .
Can't find what you are looking for?
Let's stay connected
Can't find what you are looking for?
US Only:Review Accommodations for Disability
© Siemens AG, 1996 – 2019