Make real what matters.
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. That way we not only contribute, but actively drive the energy revolution for a better and greener future. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons. True specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
What part will you play?
· In your new role you devise technical solutions for ensuring highest level of security for the software products and solutions being developed using digital or software-oriented technologies (e.g. cloud, containers, enterprise IT, big data, etc.).
· You ensure with product owners that architecture and design of the software components meets the required security standards, following a secure development lifecycle throughout the process.
· In order to build necessary security measures (e.g. using methods like Threat & Risk Analysis, Secure Coding, etc.), you actively engage in various activities, from requirements analysis to software construction.
· You drive and participate in various verification and validation activities like Penetration Testing and Fuzz Testing. You proactively monitor potential vulnerabilities within the developed or 3rd party software components using well-defined methods and tools and suggest mitigations.
· Furthermore, you contribute to security best practices and definition or update of relevant methods and techniques in the form of publications, white papers and guidelines.
· You advise the management on upcoming tools and technology trends as well as new threats related to cyber security.
· Coaching and mentoring development teams regarding secure software design approaches, technologies, tools, methods and various cyber security aspects also belongs to your new area of responsibility.
What you need to make real what matters.
· We look forward to meeting you if you hold a successfully completed your bachelor’s or master's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
· You have many years’ experience in software development with at least serveral years in a specialized role related to cyber security or architecture.
· Additionally, you have hands-on experience in IT security aspects, particularly focusing on secure software development, involving databases, networks, authentication, encryption and cloud deployments. You also bring experience in distributed computing architectures and communication paradigms like REST, WebServices, etc.
· You have sound knowledge of application development on Windows and Linux platforms as well as of software engineering processes. You are an expert in programming languages such as C#, .Net, java and C/C++.
· You have knowledge with agile/scrum methodologies and with cyber security standards (e.g. ISO27001 etc.).
· As you act in an international environment you bring fluent German and English language skills.
· You are a problem solver and decision maker with excellent communication skills. You are able to work in a team environment and with multiple stakeholders across countries. Moreover, you are self-motivated, driven and work independently.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Gas and Power GmbH & Co. KG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time