The Mechanical Product Design position is responsible for accurately laying out a cross section of a compressor, creating detailed prints for manufacturing, and developing bills of material. In the Product Design & Drafting position you will be involved in all aspects of compressor design, from upfront layout, to manufacturing support. We are looking for an individual who is ready to become a well-rounded team member. Someone who will be a key player and contact for a wide spectrum of internal and external customers and suppliers. Does this sound like you?
· Produce accurate 3D layout and solid models of centrifugal compressors in accordance to the project scope and within specified time frames
· Creates prints and bills of material for manufacturing.
· Creates solid model assemblies in NX to ensure form, fit and function logic is met, and insuring assembly to mating parts are correct
· Supports product design and development, part detailing and checking, fabrication and manufacturing, and is an integral part of overall client satisfaction
· When required, the product drafter will need to incorporate new designs and standards into existing compressor designs and stay within footprint limitations
· Assist in design reviews and implement design changes
· Demonstrate problem solving skills and innovative thinking
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· 0-2 years professional working experience
· 2 year Associates Degree or Technical Diploma in Drafting
· Technical proficiency in 3D modeling design software
· Experience in solid modeling and drafting using CAD or similar modeling software
· Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
· Ability to work in a team environment
· General knowledge in manufacturing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· 0 - 5 years working experience modeling and drafting for a manufacturing based organization using CAD or 3D design software.
· 4 year Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
· Insight, interest or drafting experience in the oil and gas industry
· Knowledge of a production planning and schedule-based environment
· Competitive compensation.
· Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
· All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
· 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
· Education reimbursement programs available.
· Extensive product training and professional career development
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today's industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .