Siemens Industry is looking for a Lab Technician - Electrical Testing for their Peachtree Corners, GA location. In this position you will work as part of an R&D team and you will perform a variety of technical duties, including
• Test set-up, execution, data collection, and documentation of results for electrical products covering
- “Smart”, processor driven, electronic circuit breakers for residential applications
- Energy and temperature monitoring products for industrial applications
- Products evolving as part of the connected home and connected world
• Troubleshooting and repair of test set-ups and products as needed.
• Testing to standards from the UL, CSA, FCC and other certification bodies
• Working with representatives from standard bodies as needed
• Helping prepare for prototype builds
• Analysis of field returns
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Are you ready for the challenge?
1. Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent
2. An understanding of digital and analog electronics including power electronics
3. 10 years minimum as a working technician in an R&D environment
4. Experience with test equipment including network analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and digital multi-meters
5. The ability to do prototype construction and rework with fine pitch electronic components including BGA packages. IPC certification preferred
6. Experience testing and characterizing wireless devices including Bluetooth and WiFi
7. Computer skills, including experience using computers with both Windows and Linux operating systems
8. The ability to do field support as needed as well as the ability to maintain and enhance test equipment and test fixtures in the lab
10. Knowledge of AC electrical circuit wiring and the ability to interpret schematics and follow test processes.
1. Demonstrated experience working at the component, product, and systems level
2. Ability to multitask and work independently.
3. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
4. Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
5. Experience training others both in R&D and manufacturing environments
6. Proficient Microsoft Office skills
7. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals
8. Passionate commitment to the company vision
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .