Who are we?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Strategic development of internal and external APIs
- Developing multi-threaded and asynchronous applications.
- Actively scout and identify new technologies for use within the architecture and platform
- Develop prototypes for internal review and brainstorming
- Proactively Delivering configurable cross-platform mobile application
- Actively participate in building user-friendly interfaces for mobile application
- Perform Integrated Tests within application suite for defined use-cases to maintain quality of software
- Maintaining proper documentation of deliverables, training and user manuals
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields. Applicants in final year of program also considered.
- Computer / programming / software development background.
- Reasonable understanding of software development lifecycle, such as designing, developing, implementing, debugging, testing, documenting etc.
- Keen to work on current and emerging technologies
- Able to take ownership and solve problems with minimum support / instructions
- Flexibility in undertaking complex challenges and actively find solutions using R&D techniques
- Quick understanding of use-cases based on brainstorming sessions; Strong technical aptitude
- 5-6 months commitment.
Knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Java / J2EE
- Java script
- Ionic / Angular
- SQL (Any relational database; PostgreSQL preferred)
- Version Control
- Experience in Testing
- SOAP/REST knowledge an asset
- Maven experience as asset
- UX/UI Design experience will be an asset
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time