Siemens Government Technologies IT organization is looking for a Project Management intern to assist the IT business unit with enhancing internal and external partner experiences. The intern will be responsible for analyzing data, discovering and solving problems, and building metrics and business cases to improve success of the IT Project Management Office.
The candidate can expect a mixture of on-the-job and real world exposure of not only the business of IT, but other cross-functional business operations during the internship period. Successful candidates will demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action; partner-centricity; flexibility; analytical ability; the drive to own, build, and grow; along with the ability to have a little bit of fun.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The role responsibilities below consist of 4 major functions: project management, reporting, process improvement, and stakeholder relations.
· Document and analyze as-is and to-be business processes ensuring that underlying issues and concerns are addressed with project deliverables
· Participate in requirement review meetings with IT and business partners to obtain project charter sign-off
· Assist in developing training strategy and defining training requirements when appropriate
· Create technical documentation and/or procedures for a variety of IT related projects
· Provide training on technical documentation and/or procedures created
· Assist in User Acceptance Testing with business representatives when appropriate
· Participate in project meetings and publish meeting minutes
· Prepare formal presentations, written reports and general project documents
· Create reports and communicate results to various internal and/or external stakeholders (e.g. management, customers).
· Gather and document quality user requirements and create supporting documentation per established procedures
· Operate and optimize pre-defined tools, applications and data bases/data management systems
Adhere to internal working rules and guidelines, and propose process improvements
· Assist in rollout activities with business which include coordinating pilot (if applicable) and preparing release notes, user guides and training material for the end users
Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
· Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, information systems, engineering or related field.
Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
Rising Junior or above
Basic understanding of project management lifecycle
Interest in how technology can help solve business problems
Analytical, planning and problem solving skills
· Proficient in Microsoft productivity software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize tasks and interact with development team
· Effective organization and time management skills, including prioritization and time management
· Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
This position will be based in Reston, VA
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here .